• Exceptional power-to-emissions ratio combined with classic Bentley power and torque from new 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 engine
• New model focused squarely at the sports orientated driver with its instantly recognisable V8 soundtrack
• Advanced technologies include direct injection, variable displacement, new close-ratio 8-speed transmission and all wheel drive
• New Continental GT V8 complements the flagship Continental GT W12 6.0 litre
(20 April 2012) Only four months since its official unveil at the Detroit motor show, the first models of the new Bentley Continental GT V8 have arrived in the Middle East region. With all of the first shipment of GT V8s presold, the model already looks set to join the flagship W12 as another key member of the Bentley model lineup.
“After the unveil and the subsequent interest it’s great to have the V8 in market,” said Chris Buxton, Bentley’s regional manager for the Middle East, Africa and India. “The GT V8 opens up the Bentley experience to a whole new market of buyers and adds yet another great car to our model line up. The dealers have been swamped with enquiries, so the lucky few who will receive this first batch of cars will be in a very unique and sought after club.”
This new Bentley V8 engine delivers maximum power of 500 bhp (507 PS / 373 Kw) at 6000 rev/min and an extraordinary peak torque of 660 Nm (487 lb ft) which is available across virtually the entire rev range from 1700 to 5000 rev/min, providing exhilarating performance and effortless power delivery in the Bentley tradition. Combined with a new close-ratio 8-speed automatic transmission, this translates into a 0-60 mph sprint time of 4.6 seconds for the GT (0-100 km/h in 5.0 seconds) and a top speed of 188 mph (302 km/h).
The new V8 engine features variable displacement with a highly sophisticated engine management system, ensuring a seamless and imperceptible transition from V8 to V4 mode under light throttle load.
The high-technology V8 also features high-pressure direct injection, low friction bearings, thermal management, energy recuperation via the charging system, and innovative turbo charger packaging for greater efficiency.
The instantly recognisable growl of the new 4.0 litre V8 engine sets it apart from its Bentley stablemates.
Expressing their potent, muscular character, the new Continental V8 is distinguished by a black gloss matrix grille with chrome frame and centre bar, a red enamel Bentley ‘B’ badge, and a black matrix three-segment lower front bumper divided by distinctive body-coloured strakes.
At the rear, unique chromed ‘figure eight’ exhaust tailpipes, a dark lower valance and red enamel ‘B’ bootlid badge emphasise the sporty, contemporary identity of the new V8. The new Continental V8 can be specified with 20-inch alloy wheels as standard or an optional 21 inch six-spoke design, which are available in a dramatic Diamond Black (exclusive to the Continental V8) or Diamond Silver finish.
Inside the cabin, an Eliade cloth headlining, new contemporary Dark Fiddleback Eucalyptus veneers, optional two-tone leather colour split and short centre console continue the fresh, sporting design theme.
The new Continental GT V8 model will be offered beneath the flagship 6.0 litre, 12 cylinder engined GT, which continues to excite customers with a combination of silken refinement and the ultimate power of the twin-turbocharged W12 Continental engine that, in its most potent form, delivers an astonishing 631 bhp (640 PS).
The Continental GT V8 model features a state-of-the-art, all-wheel drive system employing an advanced Torsen differential and a 40:60 rear biased power split. This ensures safe yet dynamic sports car handling in all road conditions.
Since the launch of the original GT in 2003, the W12-engined Continental range has gone from strength to strength with over 50,000 sales worldwide, making Bentley’s factory in Crewe, England, the largest producer of 12 cylinder engines in the world. The W12 story continues to unfold and remains the ultimate expression of Bentley’s engineering strength.
THE NEW CONTINENTAL V8 AT A GLANCE
Distinctive sporting style
• Gloss black matrix grille with bright chrome surround and divider
• Three-segment lower bumper with black air intakes and striking body-coloured dividers
• Dark rear lower valance
• Distinctive twin ‘figure eight’ exhaust tailpipes
• Red enamel Bentley winged ‘B’ badges above the front grille, to the bootlid and wheel centres
• 7 exterior colours offered in standard range
Sporty, contemporary interior
• New Dark Fiddleback Eucalyptus veneer unique to the V8 models
• Eliade cloth headlining and pillar trim
• Short centre console in place of W12 through-console
• 4 hide colours offered in standard range
• Unique two-tone leather colour split
Exhilarating, efficient new 4.0 litre V8 engine
• Exceptional power-to-emissions ratio reflecting engine efficiency
• Variable displacement (a technology first proven on the Mulsanne) imperceptibly cuts 4 cylinders on cruise and light throttle
• Engine optimisation technologies boost efficiency
• Turbochargers mounted within ‘V’ for efficiency and fast response
• Switchable engine mounts ensure refinement
• New, close-ratio, 8-speed transmission with ultra-fast shifts
• Over 500 miles (800 km) range on one tank of fuel
• All-wheel drive system with 40:60 rear biased torque split